Sum a column in groups
Mjc39
2017-07-06 21:40:19 UTC
Hey I was wondering if there was a way to have a column summed up in
certain total. Like i have a 100 numbers in a column I can get th
column split summed into 5 different groups of 20. I would also it nee
it to skip blank cells. and sum the first 20 values as they appeared i
the column.

Thanks in advanc

Mjc39
Claus Busch
2017-07-06 22:48:08 UTC
Hey I was wondering if there was a way to have a column summed up in a
certain total. Like i have a 100 numbers in a column I can get the
column split summed into 5 different groups of 20. I would also it need
it to skip blank cells. and sum the first 20 values as they appeared in
the column.
for the first 20 numbers ignoring blanks try:
=SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A"&SMALL(IF(A1:A100<>"",ROW(1:100)),20)))
and enter the formula with CTRL+Shift+Enter

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10