Excel Vlookup Not Returning Correct Information
smim
2015-10-11 02:07:34 UTC
Vlookup formula =VLOOKUP(A3,DATA2!A1:B19,1,0) does not return correc
information.

I am searching for a numeric code from sheet one in sheet 2 to display
separate numeric code back into sheet 1.

What happens is it returns information from a different row, when I pu
false it says #NA.

I've tried to change the type of format and sorting it but I'm at
loss.

Thanks for your help.
cris

smim
Claus Busch
2015-10-11 06:58:02 UTC
Hi Criss,
|Filename: sheet1.txt |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1018|
|Filename: sheet2.txt |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1019|
VLOOKUP looks from left to the right. You are looking in column B and
want an output from column A. You have to use a INDEX/MATCH combination:
=IFERROR(INDEX(Data2!A:A,MATCH(A2,Data2!$B$1:$B$200,0)),"")

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional