In excel 2000, IF function calculates incorrectly using "E"
s***@gmail.com
2017-04-28 18:34:36 UTC
Using E for zero. =IF(C2="E",(O2),(O2)) does not calculate correctly. Substituting a zero, formula will work OK. Using #'s all is OK.
Can I write a formula using "E". When I use zero's I have to have them show in places were I don't want them to show.
GS
2017-04-28 18:55:27 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Using E for zero. =IF(C2="E",(O2),(O2)) does not calculate correctly.
Substituting a zero, formula will work OK. Using #'s all is OK. Can I write a
formula using "E". When I use zero's I have to have them show in places were
I don't want them to show.
So.., is the content of C2 E, empty, or zero? (Your formula expects a text
value!)
--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
a***@gmail.com
2017-05-05 03:43:52 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Using E for zero. =IF(C2="E",(O2),(O2)) does not calculate correctly. Substituting a zero, formula will work OK. Using #'s all is OK.
Can I write a formula using "E". When I use zero's I have to have them show in places were I don't want them to show.
Your formula says to choose O2 with true or false, how can you tell if it's working?
I just tried it in Excel 2013 and initially had the same problem but then realised I didn't have the E in C2.. Change your formula to choose a different result cell for true/false

Ron