divide and round up
Pammy
2009-09-21 17:40:02 UTC
I have a formula: c5/4
I want a formula to divide: c5/4 then round up to a whole number. example:

if the answer is 17.3 I want the answer to be 18.
Jim Thomlinson
2009-09-21 17:44:02 UTC
=roundup(c5/4, 0)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson
Post by Pammy
I have a formula: c5/4
if the answer is 17.3 I want the answer to be 18.
Matt Lehodey
2023-04-24 10:00:01 UTC
Do you know how I would make the answer show as a %?
Eduardo
2009-09-21 18:01:03 UTC
=roundup(c5/4,0)
Post by Pammy
I have a formula: c5/4
if the answer is 17.3 I want the answer to be 18.
h***@gmail.com
2017-01-05 18:12:30 UTC
Post by Pammy
I have a formula: c5/4
if the answer is 17.3 I want the answer to be 18.
What if I want to divide cell D5 by cell B4 and then roundup?
colglbo
2017-01-05 19:54:02 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
I have a formula: c5/4
=INT(C5/4)+1
colglbo
2017-01-05 19:57:48 UTC
Post by colglbo
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Pammy
I have a formula: c5/4
if the answer is 17.3 I want the answer to be 18.
What if I want to divide cell D5 by cell B4 and then roundup?
=INT(C5/4)+1
Didn't read question correctly

=INT(D5/B4)+1
d***@gmail.com
2017-02-13 10:53:02 UTC
Post by colglbo
=INT(D5/B4)+1
That wouldn't work if the result of the division is a whole number it would round up when it shouldn't

roundup is the one you'd want to use
h***@gmail.com
2017-01-05 20:30:35 UTC
Post by Pammy
I have a formula: c5/4
if the answer is 17.3 I want the answer to be 18.
Very cool thanks! I also got it to work with =ROUNDUP(D5/B4,0) :)
zvkmpw
The ROUNDUP() approach is better. For example, if D5 and B4 happen contain the same number, the desired result is probably 1, not 2.
Vijay Anand. G
2023-06-22 06:28:04 UTC
i need a formula: 9.77/2 = 4.885, but i need for 4.88